Finding storage in Denver, CO
Do you need a storage unit in Colorado's capital? If so, look no further. Welcome to Storage.com! Here on our site, you have all the means necessary to find, compare, and contact self storage facilities in the neighborhood of your choice and even reserve a unit—all taken care of online! Everything you need to find suitable self storage in Denver, CO is right here at your disposal.
Reasons People Need Storage in Denver
There are many situations in which you might need storage in Denver. Maybe you’re relocating here from another city and need time to find a suitable living space; maybe you’re a visiting student from out of town; or perhaps you’ve lived in Denver for years and simply want to make a little more room at home. No matter your reason, Storage.com has everything you need to find a storage unit that meets your requirements.
Relocating to Denver
Located in the Midwest with transportation routes linking to other major cities around the country, Denver benefits from a strong, concentrated economy. The city has major interests in some nation-wide companies such as Lockheed Martin Corp., Xcel Energy, IBM Corporation, DISH Network, Quizno’s, and Chipotle Mexican Grill. As for local employment, Denver has a concentrated interest in bureaucracy with the U.S. Government, the State of Colorado, and the City and County of Denver ranking among the top 5 local employers. Education is also economically rich with jobs at the University of Colorado Denver and Denver Public Schools.
Of course, it’s hard to resist Denver’s cultural prominence as well. Numerous museums for people of various backgrounds and all ages are aplenty, as are convention centers and art complexes. Not to mention the emphasis on professional sports: Denver Broncos, Colorado Rockies, and Colorado Avalanche among them. But no matter your reason for coming here, living space can be tight in a city of more than 600,000. You might not necessarily be able to find a suitable residence with enough room to house everything you own, at least not at first. A self storage unit in Denver can help remedy this problem, however.
Storage amenities for relocating to Denver:
- Unit Size: What size of unit will you need? This will always depend on how much you have to stow away. For a few odds and ends, a typical 5x5 will be sufficient. Anything more substantial will require a larger unit such as a 10x10 or bigger.
- Drive-Up Access: The more you own, the more you’ll likely need to put in storage. This includes bulky items such as furniture. You can save yourself a great deal of time and back-breaking work by renting a unit with drive-up access. Now unloading is as simple as parking your vehicle in front of the unit and unloading right then and there.
- Location Proximity: You never know how much moving, organizing, and reorganizing you’ll need to do, especially in those first few weeks after moving to a new city. To save yourself time, you can rent from a facility that is located close to your place of residence.
Living in Downtown Denver
Living downtown is very tempting, especially in Denver. There is an area here called Lower Downtown (LoDo, as it’s more popularly known) that is particularly rich with glamour. The original place of settlement in Denver, LoDo has restaurants, dozens of bars and nightclubs, galleries, three huge sports arenas (Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Coors Field, and Pepsi Center), museums, and even an amusement park—Elitch Gardens.
Also, AIMCO (the largest owner and operator of apartment communities in the country) is headquartered here, meaning residents get plenty of opportunities for finding a new or temporary home. However, living close to the entertainment means sharing room with a great many other people—ergo, smaller living spaces.
Useful storage amenities in Downtown Denver:
- Location Proximity: You can avoid further chaos and confusion when living downtown if your storage unit is located downtown as well.
- Advanced Security Features: Since living downtown means living in close proximity to a large number of people, you’ll want to ensure protection for your belongings. The best features to look for in a LoDo storage facility are: video surveillance, on-site management, and gated entry to the facility grounds. If individually alarmed units are available too, you might want to consider investing a few dollars into renting one of these.
- Extended Access Hours: Most storage facilities operate from morning to late afternoon/early evening and then the store closes for the night. However, if the facility offers 24-hour access, you can enter at any time that is convenient for you. This is an absolute must for people like police officers and retail personnel, who have odd working hours.
Small Business Storage in Denver
Starting and operating businesses in Denver is a tremendous prospect; the city was even ranked by Forbes in 2014 as the Sixth Best Place for Businesses and Careers. Activity is bustling here, and the city is only continuing to grow. However, starting out anywhere, especially in a big city, can present some challenges. Most companies start out small and gradually expand, raising questions of adequate space and finding secondary offices to operate out of. Leasing out more offices can be pricey, but a self storage unit is a much cheaper alternative.
Storage amenities for small businesses:
- Amenities for Using Your Unit as An Office: Did you know certain self storage operators offer units with amenities specifically designed to help out commercial tenants? This includes in-unit electrical outlets, so you can plug in your cell phones, laptops, and any other electrical equipment you need to carry out your business. In essence, this allows you to use your Denver storage unit as a secondary office, and the cost of renting it is much lower than leasing out another building elsewhere in the city.
- Climate Control: If you intend to use your storage unit in Denver for holding your stock and inventory, it's important to make sure they remain in good condition. For temperature-sensitive items such as electronics and photographs, find a Denver storage unit with climate control. With this feature, the inside of your unit will remain at a consistent 55-85 degrees Fahrenheit, and the humidity levels will remain comfortably low.
- Advanced Security Features: Whether you are storing your inventories or items needed to run your business, guaranteed protection is a must-have for commercial tenants. If your Denver storage facility has managers who remain on site as well as amenities such as security cameras, alarm systems, and gated entry, you can be rest assured that thieves and vandals will be less tempted to try to enter your unit.
College Students and Denver Storage
Many of Denver’s temporary residents include college students attending institutions such as the University of Colorado Denver, Auraria Campus, and Metropolitan State University of Denver. If you are a student from out of town, you’ll need a place to live. Whether you decide to go with on-campus housing, an apartment, or renting a house, not many college students can afford living space large enough for everything they own.
How can self storage help out college students in Denver? Apart from clearing out some more living space, students and their roommates can share the unit, split the cost, and mutually save some money as well.
Storage amenities useful for college students:
- Location Proximity: To eliminate some of the stress in your already-busy life as a college student, pick out a storage unit located reasonably close to where you live and, if possible, where you go to school. (Remember: Storage.com’s search features allow you to read up on listed facilities’ addresses as well.) This will be a great convenience both for you as well as the people you might be sharing the unit with.
- Extended Access Hours: Your schedule as a college student can be tumultuous, not to mention your schedule will likely change with each semester. Sometimes you might not be able to make it to your self storage unit until late at night, in which case the storage facility might be closed. To avoid this problem, ask if your storage operator offers 24-hour access so you can enter your unit at a time that conveniences you.
- Climate Control: When storing delicate items such as wooden furniture, cotton clothing, electronics, and paper documents (many of which are fundamental elements of college), one of your top priorities is providing them a consistent room temperature storage environment. Items such as these are sensitive to temperature and will not fare well in swings of extreme hot and cold (which Denver sometimes experiences). If you have a climate-controlled storage unit in Denver, though, you can ensure your storage unit remains at a consistent 55-85 degrees Fahrenheit for the duration of your tenancy.
Storage and Denver Recreation
One thing remains true about Denver: finding something to do in the great outdoors is never a problem! Denver has a semiarid climate with pleasant springs and summers and regularly sunny days. To make things better, Denver is full of and surrounded by numerous venues for recreation. What's more: you can easily find locales for hiking, biking, fishing, and rafting within a short distance of the city.
On the other hand, recreational equipment can sometimes be a bit of an inconvenience in terms of space at home. The more equipment you have, the less room you'll end up with in the garage. Since that space is best used on items you use on a more regular basis, such as automobiles, it would benefit you to find some place where you can store your belongings and access them only when you need them.
Storage amenities for recreational equipment:
- Extended Access Hours: If you need to hit the lakes or trails before sunrise and will not return until late at night, you might have trouble since most storage operators operate between sunrise and sunset. This is nothing to be concerned about, though, if your storage operator in Denver offers 24-hour access.
- Drive-Up Access: While some recreational tools, such as golf clubs, are light and tangible, others such as boats are large and require horsepower or combined muscle to move. A Denver storage unit with drive-up access means you can just park your vehicle up close and save yourself a great deal of stress. This is especially handy if you are using boat storage in Denver.
- Atv/rv/boat Storage: When it comes to large recreational items such as boats, ATVs, and RVs, many storage operators in Denver have units and spaces specifically designed and designated for vehicles of this type.
Pick Out A Self Storage Unit in Denver Today
When you have decided what you will be storing and how much storage space you will need, it is time to pick out and reserve a unit at a Denver self storage facility of your choice. At Storage.com, it is as simple as searching for facilities in your neighborhood, comparing prices, addresses, and amenities, and making a simple reservation online. Thank you for using Storage.com for your storage search needs!