Are you in need of a storage unit in Baltimore, MD? Storage.com can help! We offer an expansive database of storage facilities in the area, as well as the option to filter your search for specific locations, amenities, sizes, and prices. With our resources, you'll be able to find the best storage solution for your needs in Baltimore and the surrounding areas.
Common Uses for Baltimore Self Storage
People have found several different reasons to use self storage in Baltimore over the years. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Moving to Baltimore - Moving isn't typically a smooth process. Often, people can't move directly into their new living spaces right away, and those moving for a job might not even have a permanent place set up. Self storage facilities provide a short-term option that takes the stress out of this part of a move.
- Lack of Space at Home - While Baltimore isn't among the largest cities in the United States, it isn't small either. Living space can be expensive, especially in the downtown area. This can result in a lack of storage space at home, especially for anyone living in an apartment. With affordable Baltimore storage units, such as the closet-sized 5x5 or 5x10, anyone in this situation can clear a few items out of the way without downsizing.
- Business Storage - More businesses in Baltimore are using storage facilities to cut down on office costs. Storage offers business owners a cheap alternative to getting room for their inventory or equipment without expanding or relocating. Some even operate entirely out of a Baltimore storage unit, as several storage facilities offer business centers with Wi-Fi and other tools to help businesses.
Finding the Best Storage Unit Size
Trying to find the right location, size, and amenities for your storage needs can be overwhelming, especially when you're new to Baltimore self storage and are trying to pick from a list of facilities. Fortunately, the representatives at Storage.com can help you with any questions you may have. Let us know what you need stored, and we will help you figure out the best size for your needs.
We also offer an interactive size guide within our directory, which outlines what each storage unit is able to hold. For example, if you're just cleaning some of the clutter out of your home or garage, perhaps look for a smaller unit, like a 5x5. This smaller unit can fit excess boxes of seasonal clothes, small furniture, recreational gear, and lawn equipment. If you're between homes and need somewhere to house all of your possessions, however, you might need something bigger, like a 10x30, which is capable of holding everything inside a multi-room house.
Protecting Belongings with Storage Security
Some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Baltimore mini storage involve security features. Because people are entrusting the storage facility with their belongings, they want to know exactly what the facility offers when it comes to security. Storage facilities throughout Baltimore offer different security features. Here are a few of the most common:
- Gated access requires tenants to enter a code in order to open the gate and access their storage units.
- Video surveillance is very effective at deterring any theft, as it keeps an ever-present eye on your Baltimore storage unit.
- Alarmed units are one of the most advanced security options at facilities throughout the city, sounding an alarm if anyone should attempt to break in to your unit.
- Resident managers live on facility grounds, meaning they're always around to help protect your things.
Determining which level of security you're comfortable with comes down to a few things. One is the value of the items you're storing, and the other is the area of town where you're storing. Weigh these things before making a decision, and make sure that you feel comfortable leaving your things at the facility that you choose.
Prices of Self Storage in Baltimore
Self storage is more affordable than you might think. And with Storage.com, you can find cheaper, web-only prices that you can't get anywhere else.
In Baltimore, rental rates start at only $22 per month, which is a small price to pay for more space in your home, especially when compared to relocating to a larger home, apartment, or office space. But if you're planning a move and want to use self storage to ease the process, you might be looking at a 10x10 unit, which starts at around $125 per month.
Some things that influence price at different facilities include:
- Facility Location - As is true with any other type of space, location plays a role in how expensive monthly rent will be. Typically speaking, the more convenient or popular locations come at a higher price. So balancing your need for convenience with how much money you're looking to spend each month will help you determine which Baltimore storage facility location will be best.
- Storage Features - Features like climate-controlled storage and drive-up access play a role in Baltimore self storage rental rates. To get a better idea of what monthly rent will be at the facility of your choice, you'll want to figure out which features are important for your specific situation. For example, if you're going to be storing heavy items or large quantities of items, you'll want drive-up access, which allows you to park directly in front of your storage unit and avoid long-distance trips from your car to your locker.
- Unit Size - The more space you need, the more expensive rates become. In order to get the most out of your Baltimore storage experience, taking the time to identify the absolute best unit size will be well worth it. Again, refer to our interactive storage guide to get an idea of your size needs.
Baltimore Self Storage for College Students
Baltimore is home to several colleges and universities. If you're student at University of Baltimore, Loyola University Maryland, or any other schools, Storage.com can help you find space for your stuff once summer break begins. Don't move all of your belongings back and forth between home and school during your time off. Instead, rent a Baltimore storage unit to store dorm furniture or recreational gear over the summer. Then, you can pick it back up once the fall semester begins.
And if you're short on space during the school year and have extra storage needs, Baltimore mini storage can fit your things for a low price. Dorms are small, so use self storage to free up your living space.
Rent Your Baltimore Storage Unit Today!
Thank you for using Storage.com to find storage facilities in Baltimore. You can reserve your unit directly on our website, or you can call in and speak with one of our storage representatives, who would be happy to assist you.