Finding storage in Philadelphia, PA
Are you running out of places to store your belongings at home? If you need more space to spread out, a Philadelphia storage unit can be a cost effective way to increase your storage space. Here on Storage.com, you can find and reserve the storage unit with the right location, price, size, and features for your needs without ever leaving your home or office. With a huge listing of available storage units, you can compare facilities to make sure you're getting the best near you.
Reasons for Using Self Storage in Philadelphia
Philadelphia is home to over 1.5 million people, making it the fifth largest city in the country. With many great career opportunities, a thriving art community, and many historical sites, Philadelphia is a great place to call home. Home to the Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, and 76ers, Philadelphia also has a very strong sports community that provides plenty of fun outside of daily life.
Moving to Philadelphia
The large population surrounding the metropolitan area of Philadelphia makes it an ideal location for a corporate headquarters, which is why Philadelphia is home to several Fortune 500 companies like Comcast, Colonial Penn, and Independence Blue Cross. Philadelphia is also a major player when it comes to careers in both finance and medicine, drawing in a lot of top talent. The metro has one of the largest health education and research centers in the country and five different schools of medicine.
If you are thinking about moving to Philadelphia to pursue a new career, self storage can help make the transition easier by giving you a place to store your belongings while between homes.
Self storage features to consider when moving to Philadelphia:
- Drive-Up Access: When it comes to moving large, heavy items like furniture and appliances you never want to move them much further than they need to. If you're using a storage unit to hold all of your household items while between homes, look for a unit with drive-up access to make loading and unloading a lot easier.
- Advanced Security: Almost everything you own is going to be in your storage unit while you are between homes, so you're going to want the best security possible. Look for a storage facility that offers advanced security features like individual unit alarms and video surveillance.
- Short-Term Lease: Hopefully you won't be in between homes for very long. In that case, you won't want to pay for a storage unit that you no longer need once you're all settled. Some facilities offer short-term leases so you can find a storage unit available for the exact amount of time you need.
Living in Downtown Philadelphia
A lot of young professionals crave the urban atmosphere of living in Downtown Philadelphia, which can make getting around a lot more convenient. In fact, Philadelphia is considered one of the most walkable cities in the country, especially with great downtown areas like Logan Square, Society Hill, Queen Village, and Old City. People who choose to live downtown often have to sacrifice a bit of space in order to gain the convenience of everything being within walking distance. In order to offset the smaller sized living quarters, many people rent a storage unit so they can spread out a bit more at home.
Self storage features to consider when living in Downtown Philadelphia:
- Location Proximity: Most people choose to live downtown so that everything is in close proximity. So why should your storage unit be any different? Search for a downtown storage facility that is easy enough to walk to so that it fits in nicely with your lifestyle.
- 24-Hour Access: It's never fun having to dictate your schedule around the hours of operation of a business. If you want to have unrestricted access to your belongings, you'll want to find a storage facility with 24-hour access.
- Security Features: While downtown is a great place to live, there is also the risk of crime or theft. Protect your valuable items by finding a storage facility with great security features. Features to look for include secured facility entry, video surveillance, and individual unit alarms.
College Storage in Philadelphia
Despite being one of the largest cities in the United States, Philadelphia is very much a college town at heart. With over 85 institutions of higher learning in the metropolitan area, there are tons of college students that call Philadelphia their home for the greater part of each year. Whether you attend the University of Pennsylvania, Temple University, La Salle University, Saint Joseph's University, Villanova, or any other Philadelphia colleges, you may end up going home over the summer. College students in Philadelphia often use self storage as a way to store their dorm belongings in the city while they head home for the summer.
Self storage features to consider for college storage:
- Short-Term Lease: When using a storage unit for your dorm belongings, you'll likely only need the space for your summer vacation. Make sure you aren't paying for something you don't need once school starts up again by finding a facility that offers short-term leases.
- Student Deals: Using self storage for college is a great way to save money. If you want to save even more, look for student deals around the city. Many facilities offer discounted rates and may even throw in some great moving truck deals.
- Climate Control: Make no mistake, Philadelphia can get pretty hot over the summer months. When storing valuable items during the heat of summer, you should seriously consider climate-controlled storage. Climate control will prevent your belongings from experiencing any damage due to excessive heat or humidity.
Philadelphia is a place of economic opportunity, which is why there are so many small businesses and local start-ups in the area. Whether you're trying to save on costs as a young business or are growing faster than you can keep up with, self storage can come in handy when getting your company off the ground. You can use storage to make your office square footage go further by storing excess materials and supplies in a storage unit.
Self storage features to consider when using storage for business in Philadelphia:
- Business Amenities: Many storage facilities now offer premium business amenities like meeting rooms, office space, Wi-Fi, and much more. If your company needs a larger place to hold important meetings, consider self storage for an affordable solution.
- Advanced Security: When storing supplies or materials for your small business, security is going to be one of your main concerns. Protect your valuable assets by finding a storage facility that offers the best in advanced security. Video surveillance and individual unit alarms are just two of the ways that storage facilities make sure your belongings are protected.
- 24-Hour Access: When it comes to running a successful business, time is money. Make sure you're never wasting any time or opportunity by waiting for your storage unit to be accessible by renting a unit with 24-hour access.
Seasonal Storage in Philadelphia
Perhaps the most common reason for using self storage is for storing seasonal items when they aren't in use. There's no sense in devoting an entire closet to holiday decorations that you take out once a year. Instead, make that space more useful throughout the entire year, and store your seasonal belongings in a nearby storage unit. Whether it's patio furniture, lawn equipment, winter clothing, or holiday decor, a Philadelphia storage unit is the best way to store your seasonal items.
Self storage features to consider when storing seasonal items:
- Location Proximity: In order to get the most convenience out of owning a storage unit, you'll want to find a location that is close to your home and easy to get to. That way when you need to go grab some of your seasonal items, it's just a short trip away.
- 24-Hour Access: Busy daily lives can often make it difficult to run errands in a timely manner, so it can be very helpful to not have to worry about your storage unit being inaccessible. By renting a 24-hour access storage unit, you can get to your belongings whenever you have time.
- Unit Size: To get the best storage experience possible, you'll want to make sure you have the right size of storage unit. If you're only storing seasonal clothing, a smaller unit like a 5x5 would be ideal. If you plan on storing patio furniture and lawn equipment, you may need at least a 10x10. Remember to plan ahead and anticipate what you will use your storage unit for in the future.
Rent Your Philadelphia Storage Unit Today
Thanks for checking out Storage.com! Once you find the best Philadelphia storage unit to fit your needs, you can go ahead and reserve it right here online. Or, if you prefer, you can also call to speak with one of our storage professionals to handle the reservation.